Difficulty performing authorization during script setup
- Check permissions: Only a Google Ads Admin will have the necessary permissions to implement the script. Check that this is being actioned by an admin and try again.
- Replace default code: The default code in Google Ads must be replaced with the script code provided in your Adthena account.
- ‘App is blocked’ error - Google OAuth clients that request certain sensitive OAuth scopes are subject to verification by Google. If you don't verify your script project's OAuth client, users outside your domain see an unverified app screen when they try to authorize your script. An unverified authorization flow allows these users to authorize unverified apps and use them, but only after confirming they understand the risks. The total number of unverified app users is also capped. See OAuth Client Verification for more details and try the following:
- Reach out to your Google representative, as they will be able resolve this for you. Once resolved, authorize the script and continue setup as per the instructions in-app.
- If you don't have a Google representative, your internal Google Workspace Super Admin might be able to help. Once resolved, authorize the script and continue setup as per the instructions in-app.
- Alternatively, your internal IT team may also have the permissions to resolve the issue. Once resolved, authorize the script and continue setup as per the instructions in-app.
- If all else fails, email Adthena Support team and we will setup a meeting with our engineers and your IT team.
Brand Activator data not populating in-app
We would always advise that you re-check if the setup was completed correctly. Missing a step during the initial setup is often the problem. Also, re-check that your terms/campaigns meet the requirements.
- Check your activity log in-app. If we are not showing recent activity, it is a sign that the setup needs to be reviewed. If we are, check your terms meet the minimum search volume threshold as detailed in Brand Activator requirements. This is according to Google Keyword Planner filtered by the last month. We will not scrape terms below the minimum threshold.
- Check your search terms are uploaded in Brand Activator in-app. We will not scrape your selected Brand Activator terms if the search terms are not uploaded in-app, as per the Brand Activator in-app setup instructions.
- Check your Adthena negative keyword list. It will be important to check if the relevant campaigns are applied to the Adthena negative keyword list. The campaigns should contain the search terms selected for Brand Activator.
- In Google Ads, check the Adthena script is running correctly. If not, review the current script owner. A script can stop working if the owner is no longer working at the company or moves to another team. In such a case, the script may need to be transferred to a new owner who has admin permissions. If this is the case, transfer the ownership, reauthorize the script and re-run the script. Brand Activator should run as expected the next day and savings will display in-app after 4 days.
Ad and organic click chart is not displaying data
Review this article and check your Google Ads account is linked to your Search Console account. You must be the administrator for both Google Ads and Search Console to proceed with linking the two platforms. Please note, that it will take 4 days for data to show in-app after setting up Brand Activator. If ad click data is still missing after 4 days, check your campaign settings in Google Ads. Organic data will filter through as long as the data is available in your linked Search Console account.