Market Share shows each of your Top 10 competitors and how they compare in terms of Impressions, Share of Clicks and Spend for both Paid and Organic listings. Data can be filtered by group, competitor, search term or device just like other pages in the application.
The pie charts show either Share of Clicks or Share of Spend data, allowing you to easily compare the different markets in one glance.
The data is segmented into six charts: Paid (Text ads) Desktop and Mobile, PLA Desktop (Google Shopping) Desktop and Mobile, as well as Organic Desktop and Mobile. Clicking on Totals will give you the sum of the segments:
- Total Desktop = ALL Paid (Text ads) + PLA + Organic on Desktop
- Total Mobile =ALL Paid (Text ads) + PLA + Organic on Mobile
- Total Paid = ALL Paid (Text ads) on Desktop + Mobile
- Total PLA = ALL PLAs on Desktop + Mobile
- Total Organic = ALL Organic on Desktop + Mobile
If you want to remove a competitor from the chart:
- Click on the competitor domain label to remove from the chart (note it becomes greyed out)
- Once removed, the competitor's percentage share will be added to 'Others'
- Click again to reinstate or simply refresh the page
- Search Terms - count of the number of selection of terms this competitor appears on (click the Quicklink to open new browser tab showing the terms)
- Estimated Impressions - Search Volume (from Google) for all selection of terms this competitor has appeared on, multiplied by Frequency they have appeared on each term
- Average Position - the position they have appeared in most frequently, weighted by search volume, so a higher position on a term with more searches will count more strongly than a high average position on a term that few people search for
- Share of Clicks - percentage of all clicks from entire Whole Market that are attributed to each competitor
- Share of Spend - percentage of all spend from entire Whole Market that are attributed to each competitor
Clicking on a column header will sort the table, whilst clicking a second time will sort in the opposite direction. Switching between the Desktop/Mobile and PLA/Paid/Organic/Total buttons update the table accordingly.
Clicking Export on the top right of the page allows you to download either the entire data set in a PDF file or the table contents only in a CSV file.
Alternatively, you can choose to download individual doughnut chart data in other formats including PNG, JPEG, SVG vector image.
How is the table contents sorted?
The default view is by 'Share of Clicks' but clicking on any of the column headers will resort the data accordingly.
What does the Total button show at the top of table?
There are two Total buttons that show you the sum of unique search terms by device (left) or PLA + Paid + Organic (right). So if you appear on a search term on both Desktop + Mobile (or PLA + Paid + Organic), you would get 2 (or 3) impressions per search.
How does it choose which 10 competitors to show?
If you have not added any competitor filters and there are more than 10 competitors appearing on the selected search terms then the chart will contain you plus the top 9 competitors.
Do you show every competitor that you have seen?
Competitors that are included in selection of Competitors are
Can I export the data and see all of the adverts in the grid?
Yes, click the Export button above the table and a CSV or PDF file will be created.
How can I see what selection of Search Terms a competitor has appeared on?
Clicking on the Quick filter icon next to the count in the Search Terms column will open a new browser tab. Alternatively, go to Search Term Detail and filter by competitor.
Can I see how many clicks a competitor has generated?
Go to Search Term Detail, filter by competitor and export the data. Sum the Estimated Clicks column to see an estimate of total clicks or look at specific search terms.
Can I see how much a competitor has spent?
Go to Search Term Detail, filter by competitor and export the data. Multiply the clicks by the CPC and sum this column to see a estimate of total spend or look at specific search terms.