- Own Brand Terms
- Competitor Brand Terms
- Creating a Search Term Group
- Editing a Search Term Group
- Quick Filters
Creating Search Term Groups is an essential part of the Adthena setup process. Search Term Groups enable you to quickly filter different charts and tables in the application.
When setting up search term groups it is important to consider the categorisation of your business, i.e. product lines, and how you would like to monitor those categories within the search landscape.
When you navigate to the Search Terms Group section Adthena will prompt you to set up an Own Brand Terms group. Simply follow the link or Edit the Own Brand Terms group to complete this step in the setup process.
Your Own Brand Terms group should include any search terms that contain your brand name. Once this is done you can use the group to quickly and easily filter through out the application, including using the filter checkbox Exclude Brand Terms. To add terms, see the Edit Search Term Groups section below.
Once your Own Brand Terms has been set up, you will be prompted to set up the group Competitor Brand Terms. This should contain any of your competitors brand names so that you can use this group to quickly and easily filter throughout the application, including using the filter checkbox Exclude Brand Terms. To add terms, see the Edit Search Term Groups section below.
- Select the Create New Group button at the top of the page
- You’ll be prompted to name your new Search Term Group: enter a name and click on the Save button
Note that you need to add at least one search term for the group to be created. There are a few options to do this, which are covered in the Edit section
There are a few different ways to add search terms to a group.
- use the text filter box, then click Add/Remove next to each term you want to include/exclude. To add all of the terms that match the filter, click on Add All (or Remove All)
- add a new term not yet in the account by clicking Add Search Term, type the term, then press the Enter key (note that search terms should be lowercase with any punctuation characters omitted)
- upload a file containing a list of terms you want in the group. The file should be a single column CSV file in UTF-8 format without a column header. Click Upload CSV, select the file and upload.
By default, the search term table is filtered to show search terms driving the highest amount of traffic. To change this view simply click on the columns to filter by a different topic.
Adthena also offers a shortcut to pulling reports against specific search term groups within the Search Term Group section via the Quick Filters feature.
Simply navigate to the search term group section and select the column to the far right titled Actions, then Quick Filter, then select the report you want to load, such as Market Trends.